WHY DO I CARRY EVERYTHING IF I CAN’T FIND ANY OF IT?
I was hoping that investing a little time to organize my purse would save a lot of time in the long run. It is time to get organized, conquer the clutter and put an end to digging around to find what I need. With all the things that are carried in a purse, how are we supposed to keep it organized: Wallet, ID/ or license, Debit/Credit Cards, Money, Keys, Cell Phone, Lip Stick, Lotion, Hair Tie, Pads/Tampons, Ibuprofen/pain reliever, Hand Sanitizer, Band-aids, Sunscreen, Floss, Nail file, Mirror, Comb/brush, Sunglasses, Water bottle, Pen, Mints/Gum, Book, iPod/MP3, Camera, Pepper spray, etc. What good is it to take everything with you if you can never find it?
DIVIDE & CONQUER THE CLUTTER
- WALLET: Make sure you have some kind of wallet that will hold your ID, debit/credit card, money/checks, etc. This is usually the most used item in your purse so make sure it is something that can be found easily. For quick runs to the corner store you can grab this and go without taking your entire purse. (I use a bright red wallet that can be found quickly)
- MEDICINE AND FIRST-AID KIT: Create a small first-aid kit with band aids, ointment, tissues, eye drops, throat lozenges and a small pill case with headache, allergy and other medicines you like to have on hand.
- SHOPPING: Keep a zippered bag with coupons, loyalty cards, gift cards, checkbook, and pen. This is a great place to keep receipts after shopping but remember to sort through this bag weekly.
- BUSINESS: Business cards, calendar, Pen
- MAKEUP: Use a zippered makeup bag for sample-sized bottles of lotion and hand sanitizer, lip balm, breath mints, a small brush or comb and other personal care products you use on a regular basis.
- CATCH-ALL: Even with your best efforts, you will still have things that will clutter your purse. Having a catch-all bag for little items that don’t fit in other compartments like, loose change, postage stamps, candy wrappers, and small notes. Use a clear plastic zip-top bag so you can see what is inside and make sure to clean it out weekly to keep the clutter under control
- FAMILY: Use a bag for your kids snacks, small toys, etc.
CAN I STAY ORGANIZED
No that I am organized, I have to make sure to put things back after teach use. although it only take a few seconds, it will help you to stay organized if I take care of one thing at a time. I will have to do a quick check once a week to make sure things don’t get out of hand. Once I have a system down, I am hoping it will get easier to keep things under control. -Wish me luck…..and good luck to you!