Our pets have a huge impact on our lives from how we socialize to when and where we go on vacations. Pets give unconditional love and companionship to their owners and are viewed as part of the family. Although most households have one pet, many have multiple pets.
Our dog Tobi. We rescued her from a family that was loosing their home two years ago. She is one of our children and she takes turn sleeping with each of the kids.
Our kitty Moto…..Yes his full name is MOTO CROSS. We only got Moto a few months ago, but he has already became a big part of the family. Tobi loves Moto and they play together.
Our third and FINAL pet is Hailey’s Chinchilla, Chester. She got Chester for her birthday and it is now so fat. All of our pets are friends and Moto has even taken a dust bath with Chester before…so funny.
Enjoy some fun facts about your family:
- Dogs only sweat from the bottom of their feet, the only way they can discharge heat is by panting.
- Dogs do not have an appendix.
- There are more than 200 different breeds of dogs.
- Dogs were the first animals domesticated by humans more than 10,000 years ago.
- Cats do not have sweat glands.
- Cats have five toes on each front paw, but only four toes on each back paw.
- A cat can jump as much as seven times its height.
- The nose pad of each cat has ridges in a unique pattern like a person’s fingerprints.
3. HAMSTERS & GUINEA PIGS
- Hamsters are color blind and most only blink one eye at a time
- Hamster’s babies are known as puppies
- Guinea pigs love being petted and some will purr.
- A guinea pig’s ears are very sensitive to loud noises.
- There are more than 9,000 species of birds
- Americans own more than 60 million pet birds.
- To survive birds must eat at least half its own weight in food each day.
- A bird’s heart beats 400 times per minute while they are resting.
- Larger parrots such as the macaws and cockatoos live more than 75 years.
5. FISH & REPTILES
- About 12 million households have an aquarium
- Iguanas are able to hold their breath for up to 30 minutes.
- A garter snake can give birth to 85 babies
Nearly 94% of pet owners say their animals makes them smile more than once a day.