Baby shower number two was a few weeks ago……you can see my daughter’s baby shower at Elyssa’s Step and Repeat. This baby shower was for my girlfriend LeeAnn and her baby McKenna that is due the beginning of March.
After spending some time on Pinterest we came up with some great ideas for her shower. McKenna’s babies room is going to be done in pink and damask black and white. We decided to start with the damask invitations that we printed and the stamped with McKenna’s initials.
For the favors LeeAnn wanted to do McKenna’s cookies, and they turned out so cute….and taste even better!
Because many of the mom’s coming to the shower had young daughters, we wanted to have a huge candy bar. We used several pink candies, suckers, mints, M&M’s, Mike &Ikes, pink heart marshmallows, pink Tootsie P0ps, pink malt balls, etc. We needed something big on either side of the candy bar an my daughter Elyssa and I decided to try to make pink popcorn…….Oh wow it was soooooooo good!
HOW WE MADE PINK POPCORN…..It was a big hit!
- We made some old school popcorn so it wouldn’t have any flavor.
- We melted some white chocolate and colored it pink.
- We put the popcorn in a large paper bag added a little salt and poured on the hot chocolate.
- We then had to shake the bag like crazy people forever.
- We laid the popcorn flat on cookie sheets and put it in the frig for the chocolate to harden.
- When we took it out of the frig we broke it apart and put it in large containers.
Our friend Heather made an awesome cake. She did a beautiful cake on top along with red velvet cupcakes…..so Yummy! and of course in the same pattern.
I made a diaper cake that also went with the theme.
We served pink champagne and ice cream punch along with great food. She had a ton of great gifts and everyone had so much fun!
I can’t wait for Baby McKenna to arrive….we are so excited to meet her!